Jacksonville Robbery Lawyer
Experienced Defense For Robbery Charges in Duval, St. Johns, Clay, & Nassau Counties
Robbery is considered a very serious criminal offense and is penalized as such in the state of Florida. At Monroe Law, P.A., we recognize that facing these charges can be an overwhelming experience. When your freedom is on the line, having a seasoned Jacksonville robbery lawyer by your side is crucial. We are committed to providing strategic legal representation guiding you through the complexities of robbery cases.
Call Monroe Law, P.A. today at (904) 507-6194 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our robbery attorney in Jacksonville.
What Is Robbery?
Robbery, under Florida law, is a serious criminal offense that involves the intentional taking of someone else's property through force, violence, or the threat of force. This crime goes beyond simple theft, as it includes an element of intimidation or violence. At Monroe Law, P.A., our experienced attorneys are well-versed in the nuances of robbery cases, understanding the factors that can impact the charges you may face.
Robbery involves the act of taking another person's property with the intent to deprive them of it and the use of force or fear during the commission of the crime. The severity of the offense can escalate based on the presence of weapons or injuries inflicted upon the victim.
What Are the Penalties for Robbery in Florida?
Robbery convictions in Florida carry significant penalties that can have long-lasting consequences. If you or a loved one is facing robbery charges, it is crucial to be aware of the potential outcomes. The penalties for robbery in Florida may include:
- Imprisonment: A conviction for robbery can result in substantial prison time, with sentences varying based on the degree of the offense. First-degree robbery carries harsher penalties than second-degree robbery.
- Fines: In addition to imprisonment, individuals convicted of robbery may face substantial fines. These fines are intended to serve as a financial consequence for the crime committed.
- Criminal Record: A robbery conviction can have a lasting impact on your criminal record, affecting your personal and professional life. It may limit future employment opportunities and tarnish your reputation.
- Restitution: Courts may order individuals convicted of robbery to pay restitution to the victim. This involves compensating the victim for any losses suffered as a result of the crime.
- Probation: In some cases, individuals convicted of robbery may be sentenced to probation, during which they must comply with specific conditions set by the court.
- Enhanced Penalties: The use of weapons or the infliction of bodily harm during a robbery can lead to enhanced penalties, including longer prison sentences.
Defenses Against Robbery Charges
Some common defenses against robbery charges may include:
- Lack of Intent: Demonstrating that there was no intent to deprive the victim of their property can be a powerful defense strategy.
- Mistaken Identity: If there is doubt about the accuracy of the identification, challenging the reliability of witness statements can be a key defense tactic.
- Insufficient Evidence: Contesting the evidence presented by the prosecution is crucial. We can meticulously examine the case to identify weaknesses and inconsistencies.
- Coercion or Duress: If the accused acted under threat or duress, it may be possible to argue that they were compelled to commit the robbery against their will.
- Alibi: Establishing a credible alibi can be an effective defense, showing that the accused was not present at the scene of the crime.
Contact Our Jacksonville Robbery Attorney Today
If you or someone you know is facing robbery charges, time is of the essence. The guidance of a skilled and experienced attorney can make a substantial difference in the result of your case. Contact Monroe Law, P.A. today to schedule a consultation with our dedicated Jacksonville robbery lawyer. We are committed to delivering the legal representation you need to navigate the complexities of these charges and safeguard your future.
Contact Monroe Law, P.A. today to get started with our Jacksonville robbery lawyer.
We tailor custom defense strategies for each client's unique situation.
We have experience on both sides of the courtroom.
Don't hesitate! Give us a call whenever you need legal help.
Get started on your award-winning defense with a free consultation today.
Scott Monroe had a very detailed & methodical way to evaluate the case findings and build a tailored defense strategy accordingly. I am very pleased with the outcome of the case and strongly recommend Mr. Monroe's services for any of the legal need.- Girish Y.
Scott Monroe is a true professional and a great attorney to have at your side for those tough times that can happen to any of us. I got a favorable result in my case which I am grateful for and again more than happy with the outcome.- Tamim
Scott Monroe is the best criminal defense attorney in Jacksonville, Florida. There were many difficult times throughout the process, in view of the serious accusations, but Scott and his team never quit!- Ben S.
Scott Monroe is top notch. From the minute I spoke to to him, everything gained clarity and was explained in detail. I would recommend Monroe Law Firm for anyone needing legal expertise. Thank you for assisting me with my needs!- Eric M.