Jacksonville Multiple DUI Lawyer
Charged with a Third or Fourth DUI in Florida?
If you have been arrested for a second, third, or fourth DUI in Jacksonville, you need experienced legal representation right away. At Monroe Law, P.A., our Jacksonville DUI defense lawyers have handled thousands of DUI cases, helping people keep their licenses, keep their jobs, and protect their future.
Potential Penalties for Multiple DUI Convictions in Florida
If you have a prior DUI conviction on your record in Florida, the consequences of a subsequent DUI can be severe, resulting in significant legal and financial challenges. Here, we outline the distinct penalties for second, third, and fourth DUI convictions in Florida.
Second DUI Conviction Penalties in Florida
For a second DUI within 5 years, the penalties may include:
- Fines of up to $2,000. If your BAC was 0.15% or more or you had a minor child in the vehicle, fines can go up to $4,000. In cases involving accidents causing serious injuries, fines can reach $5,000.
- Mandatory minimum jail time of 10 days, up to 9 months imprisonment. With aggravated factors (high BAC, presence of a minor, property damage, or injuries), you may face up to 1 year in jail. In cases involving serious injuries, you could be sentenced to 5 years in prison.
- License revocation if there was a prior DUI conviction within the past 5 years. The administrative license suspension by FDHSMV is for 1 year if you've had previous suspensions.
- Mandatory ignition interlock device (IID) installation on your vehicle for at least 1 year.
- Vehicle impoundment or immobilization, which cannot run concurrently with any jail time imposed.
Third DUI Conviction Penalties in Florida
A third DUI conviction in Florida can be a misdemeanor or a third-degree felony if it occurs within 10 years of two prior convictions. Penalties may include:
- Fines of up to $5,000.
- Minimum jail term of 30 days, up to 5 years imprisonment.
- License revocation for a third DUI conviction if you have one prior conviction within the past 10 years.
- Mandatory IID installation on your vehicle for a minimum of 2 years.
- Vehicle impoundment or immobilization, which cannot run concurrently with any jail time.
- If your BAC was 0.15% or more, additional penalties like monthly probation, community service, and a 21 hour substance abuse program (at cost to you).
Fourth DUI Conviction Penalties in Florida
A fourth DUI conviction in Florida carries extreme and mandatory penalties:
- Fines of up to $5,000.
- Prison term of up to 5 years.
- Permanent license revocation.
- Probation for up to 5 years.
- Impoundment or immobilization of all vehicles owned by the driver.
- IID installation on all vehicles owned by the driver.
- Community service.
- A 21-hour substance abuse course.
- A psychosocial evaluation along with treatment in a substance abuse program.
Why You Need a DUI Lawyer When Facing Multiple DUI Convictions
DUI cases are highly complex, and the consequences of a second, third or fourth DUI conviction can be life-changing. If you are arrested for DUI, you need to contact a Jacksonville DUI lawyer as soon as possible. At Monroe Law, P.A., we can help you build a strong defense, and we can help you fight for your rights.
Our firm is one of Florida's most awarded DUI defense law firms due to our incredible track record and numerous accolades, including being named one of the top 100 criminal trial attorneys in the nation, top DUI defense lawyer in Florida, and in the top 1% of DUI defense attorneys by Premier Lawyers of America.
We Have Never Lost a Case at Trial - Call for a Free Consultation
Our Jacksonville multiple DUI defense lawyer understands the complexities of DUI cases and he knows how to challenge DUI charges to get them dropped. Attorney Monroe is skilled in knowing how to challenge blood and breath test results, as well as their accuracy and administration. Our team has experience in dealing with the admissibility of statements made by our clients during an arrest and we know how to challenge the search and seizure of our clients during an arrest.
We tailor custom defense strategies for each client's unique situation.
We have experience on both sides of the courtroom.
Don't hesitate! Give us a call whenever you need legal help.
Get started on your award-winning defense with a free consultation today.
Attorney D. Scott Monroe is one of the best lawyers. He fights day and night for his clients, and he is just a phone call away. Mr. Monroe has a great & devoted team working with him and they are awesome. I recommend this law firm.- Nativita A.
Scott Monroe is top notch. From the minute I spoke to to him, everything gained clarity and was explained in detail. I would recommend Monroe Law Firm for anyone needing legal expertise. Thank you for assisting me with my needs!- Eric M.
Scott Monroe is the best criminal defense attorney in Jacksonville, Florida. There were many difficult times throughout the process, in view of the serious accusations, but Scott and his team never quit!- Ben S.
Mr. Monroe was incredibly responsive and took time to explain every step of the process with me. He always returned my calls. His unique work history allowed him to attack my case from all angles.- Lindsey S.