Jacksonville Underage DUI Lawyer
Defending Against Underage DUI Charges in Duval, St. Johns, Clay, & Nassau Counties
Facing charges of underage DUI can be a daunting experience, both for the individual involved and their families. At Monroe Law, P.A., we recognize the serious consequences that can arise from such situations. Our Jacksonville underage DUI attorney understands the unique challenges posed by these cases and is committed to helping our clients navigate the legal process with confidence.
Call Monroe Law, P.A. today at (904) 507-6194 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our underage DUI attorney in Jacksonville.
Florida Underage DUI Laws
In the state of Florida, it is illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.02% or higher. This zero-tolerance policy reflects the state's commitment to prioritizing the safety of young drivers and others on the road.
In addition to BAC limits, underage drivers can also face charges if they are found to be in actual physical control of a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances. It's essential to be aware that law enforcement officers in Florida can initiate a DUI arrest based on the slightest evidence of impairment.
What are the Penalties for an Underage DUI in Florida?
Being charged with underage DUI in Florida can lead to severe consequences. Individuals and their families must understand the potential penalties they may face:
- License Suspension: A conviction for underage DUI can result in the suspension of the individual's driver's license for a specified period. The length of the suspension may vary based on factors such as BAC level and previous offenses.
- Fines: There are fines associated with underage DUI convictions, and these can significantly impact the financial well-being of the individual and their family.
- Probation: In some cases, individuals may be placed on probation as part of their sentence. This may include regular check-ins with a probation officer and compliance with specific conditions.
- Community Service: Courts may require individuals to complete a certain number of community service hours as part of their sentence.
- Educational Programs: Completion of DUI education programs may be mandated, with the goal of preventing future offenses and promoting responsible behavior.
- Criminal Record: A conviction for underage DUI can result in a permanent mark on the individual's criminal record, affecting their future employment and educational opportunities.
Defenses Against Underage DUI Charges
Some potential defenses against underage DUI charges may include:
- Illegal Stop: If law enforcement did not have a valid reason to stop the vehicle, it could be possible to challenge the legality of the traffic stop.
- Inaccurate BAC Testing: Breathalyzer and blood tests are commonly used to measure BAC levels. However, these tests are not foolproof and can be subject to errors. We may challenge the accuracy of these tests to weaken the prosecution's case.
- Lack of Probable Cause: Law enforcement must have probable cause to initiate a DUI arrest. If there was no reasonable suspicion of impairment, we may argue that the arrest was unjustified.
- Rising BAC: The timing of BAC testing is crucial. If it can be demonstrated that the individual's BAC was under the legal limit at the time of driving but increased afterward, it may be a valid defense.
- Violation of Miranda Rights: If law enforcement fails to inform the individual of their Miranda rights, any statements made during the arrest may be inadmissible in court.
Contact Our Jacksonville Underage DUI Attorney Today
The consequences of an underage DUI conviction can have a lasting effect on various aspects of your life. At Monroe Law, P.A., our Jacksonville underage DUI lawyer is dedicated to providing personalized and aggressive defense strategies tailored to your specific case. We are here to advocate for your rights and work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for your case. Your future is our priority, and we are ready to fight for your rights in the face of these charges.
Contact Monroe Law, P.A. today to get started with our Jacksonville underage DUI lawyer.
We tailor custom defense strategies for each client's unique situation.
We have experience on both sides of the courtroom.
Don't hesitate! Give us a call whenever you need legal help.
Get started on your award-winning defense with a free consultation today.
Scott Monroe had a very detailed & methodical way to evaluate the case findings and build a tailored defense strategy accordingly. I am very pleased with the outcome of the case and strongly recommend Mr. Monroe's services for any of the legal need.- Girish Y.
I would like to thank Scott Monroe for everything he has done for me. I had a high profile case and he knew exactly what to do!- Jarvis B.
Knowing Attorney Scott Monroe, I expected excellence. Scott and his staff exceeded expectations. When some interaction comes up, it is extremely helpful to have people like Scott and his firm on your side. I couldn’t recommend him highly enough!- Gerry K.
Scott Monroe is top notch. From the minute I spoke to to him, everything gained clarity and was explained in detail. I would recommend Monroe Law Firm for anyone needing legal expertise. Thank you for assisting me with my needs!- Eric M.